Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday:  I got up early and went for a short run before work.  This is not something I like to do as I LOVE to sleep, but it had to be done.  I originally planned on running Thursday evening, but that just didn't happen.  I was a bit worn out from my hour long lower body workout PT appt, and by the time I got home my boyfriend was already home asking about dinner.  I decided to pass on the run that evening and take care of it Friday morning.  So that's exactly what I did.

My work day was uneventful, but my evening was a lot of fun.  My boyfriend's mother does a lot of watercolor painting and she had invited me to come over for a lesson.  I was a bit nervous about this since I don't have a creative/artistic bone in my body, but I was interested in giving it a try.  I went over to her place around 7, and after we finished dinner, we moved in to the art room.  She was all prepared and had a great lesson for me.  I didn't paint anything exciting, just a bunch of circles.  Since I had never done anything like this, the first step is to just learn how the paint reacts to the the paper and to other paint.  It was very interesting and a lot of fun.  I'm looking forward to my next lesson.

 Saturday:  I got up early on Saturday to head to Mechanicsville to volunteer with the RRRC for the ReeseStrong 5k.  It really is a lot of fun.  I wish I could have been running in the race, but this is the next best thing.  I'm looking forward to volunteering at many more races with the RRRC.

For the rest of the afternoon, I pretty much took it easy.  I may or may not have snuck in a nice nap while my boyfriend, Mike, was doing homework.

Later that night we went over to see a couple that we like to hang out with quite a bit.  We ordered in some food, had a few drinks, talked, and played some RockBand.  It was a fun evening.

Sunday:  Despite a late night, I was a good girl and got up early for a long run.  Now, it wasn't as long as many of you who are right in the middle of marathon training, but it was the longest run I have done since my half marathon the last weekend of August.  I met up with my friend, Crystal, and we set out on a nice 6 mile run.  It went really well.  I had a little hip pain, but not too bad.  Crystal also did a great job.  This was her first outdoor run since May or June; she has been running on a treadmill all summer.  I had already planned on doing a longer run this morning, but I was so happy when she got a hold of me to see if I would like to run with her.  I think we did a good job of motivating each other to keep going.  We decided to go just a bit further and ended at a nice even 10k.

After the run, I didn't do much of anything else for the rest of the day.  I did take Roman on a walk.  I think we ended up getting in just under 2 miles.

And now, I'm finishing up this post and then I'm going to head to bed.  Mike is bartending tonight, so I'm going to take advantage and crash early tonight.

I hope you all had a great weekend as well, and that you will have a great week ahead of you.

1 comment:

  1. I consider 6 miles a long run too! I sometimes do two a days; so if my morning run is 2 miles, then 6 miles in the afternoon seems really long! I like breaking it up that way; because I can get miles in without getting injured.

    Congrats on the art lesson. It's always fun to try new things!