Thursday, September 23, 2010

Three Things Thursday

Thursday is almost over, but there's still time for my little list.  I'm so glad that Friday is almost here!

1.  Tomorrow is my first race in almost a month, and my first 5k since July.  I'm running in the Maymont X-Country Festival that is being held this weekend in Richmond.  There are races Friday evening, as well as most of the day on Saturday.  It is a really cool event with distances ranging from 1 mile to 8 miles.  This will also be my first time running a cross-country race as opposed to a road race.

2.  I have been quite the lucky girl this week.  On Sunday I learned that I won a Tarma Designs necklace in a giveaway hosted by Momma of 3 on the Run.



Then on Monday I found out that I won a pair of Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves from Thomas at Beyond Fatigue, Pain and ACTN3.  Now, I just need to decide what color I want.  I'm considering the yellow, but then I think I should just stick with black.  The pressure to choose is killing me!


3.  I had already planned to take off early from work tomorrow because of the race.  It is at 6pm, so there would be no way to make it in time if I worked until my normal time.  After getting an e-mail from my salon about their Friday specials, I'm now going to take advantage of my half day and get a cheap haircut too.  I'm in desperate need as I haven't had my hair cut since May.  I'm really bad at putting this off in an attempt to save money, but I'm now at a point where it just needs to be done.  I always have grand ideas of changing it up and doing something new and fun (not as drastic as TMB @ Racing with Babes...she has guts that I don't have!), but in the end I just get the ends trimmed and I'm out the door.

Ok, time to wrap this up and get dinner going.  Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Get a fun color - hair and socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my blog! Congrats on your giveaway wins! I love getting new running stuff, especially for free! :) Good luck on your race... looking forward to reading how it goes!

    ReplyDelete