Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Very Tired Suzi

Wednesday morning is the the hardest part of my week.  This is all because of the craziness that is Tuesday.  I work from 8:00 to 4:45 at my full time job and then turn right around and work at my part time job from 5:30 to 9:00.  That by itself is exhausting enough.  Then you throw in not going to bed until well after 11:00 on Monday night and getting up at 5:30 the next morning so there is time to walk the pup before getting ready for the day.

Yesterday had a little something extra thrown in as well, as trip to the dentist.  I don't know of anyone who likes going to the dentist...and if you do, shame on you!  I hate going to the dentist, but this may be because I ALWAYS have something wrong EVERY TIME I go!  Luckily I have what appear to be great teeth. (Thanks mom and dad for getting me those braces back in the day.)  Unfortunately they aren't as healthy as they appear.  I apparently inherited very poor enamel from my folks, so I have to work much harder than most people just to keep them healthy.

Yeah, something like that.
Anyway, sorry about that little dentist tangent.  Now back to my little rant....

So, long work day is finally over.  I could have come home and vegged on the couch while waiting for Mike to come home, but no, I was a good girl.  I changed into my best nighttime running gear, grabbed the pup, and headed out for a quick run at 9:30 pm.  We only did 2 miles, but that's all I had in me.  I guess I should just be proud of myself for getting out there at all when all I really wanted to do was lay on the couch and never move again!

And not only did I run, I also put together a quick meal so that Mike would have something to eat after spending all evening in class.  Ok, I admit that it wasn't a whole lot of effort on my part as I did just heat up a can of veggies and the rotisserie chicken that I picked up earlier.  But it's the thought that counts, right?!?  The food is ready when he walks in the door, so we grab our plates and head into the living room to catch up on the latest episode of Weeds.

The show is over, it is now past 11:00 once again, and I'm ready to pass out.  So pass out I did.  I'm pretty sure I was asleep within two minutes of my head hitting the pillow.  Bliss!  Too bad the sound of that damn alarm clock came so soon.  Now where is my caffeine IV....

1 comment:

  1. The runs you go on when you really didn't want to are in my opinion the most rewarding; you always feel so much better after.